Oh, how cruel life can be.I've noticed that my dog, Cheese, has had a limp
for a little over a week now. So on Tuesday, I had Hossome take him in to see
the vet. Turns out Cheesy has a fucked up knee and is going to need surgery.
Surgery is going to cost somewhere between $1600 - $1800. The x-rays alone were
like $300. This is quite the suck, but I have to take care of my dog and I
somehow have to find a way to make this work.Cut to later in the evening on that
same Tuesday. Me and some friends are about to head out to catch the new Hulk
flick. Before we even get to the car, we see my cat lying underneath one of our
cars. His eyes are glazed over and he's gasping for air. As I pull him out from
under the car, I can hear gurgling in his lungs. We nixed the theater plans and
drove to the vet's office which was already closed. We found another vet nearby
and went there. I walk into this place with tears streaming down my face and
clutching my cat. Right away they realize his breathing is fucked up and they
take him into the back. I don't even know how long we were there. It seemed like
all night. His lungs were full of fluid. His stomach and intestines were full of
air. They told me it was heart failure and he'd be lucky to make it through the
night. On the way home, I got so sick that I actually threw up all over the
floor of Denny's and then went and slept in the car until the guys were ready to
go home. I've been through too much with my cat to see him like this.Well, cut
to Thursday night. After two days of crying and not sleeping, I made the drive
back up to the vet. It had been weighing on me all day that this was the day
that I'd have to put him down. The air was out of his lungs. The fluids had
drained out. He wasn't eating or drinking. He was dehydrated. He'd somehow lost
the use of his back legs though. It was all unexplained. He'd surprised
everybody at the vet's office by living this long. I told them he was a fighter.
They found out the hard way as I saw his paws were taped so that he wouldn't
claw them. Walking into that back room, I was prepared for the worst. I thought
it was over. Then my cat sat up. And he tried to walk. He still didn't have the
use of his back legs, but he tried to walk anyways.So now I'll be going up
Friday to pick him up. They said it's possible that within a week or two he
might actually walk again. I'm not overly optimistic on that front. Still, I'm
bringing him home. I figure if he's going to fight for his life, then I'm going
to fight with him. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to pay his vet
bills (they're huge). And what's more, since I did all of this for my cat, I
don't know what I'm going to do about Cheese. Talking it over with people, it
looks like I won't be quitting the factory at the end of July like I thought I
would be. It kills me to say that too. You guys have no idea how bad I want out
of there. Just last week I basically told my boss off and that I'd be quitting
in August. Now I'm stuck there a bit longer. I have to get out soon though. I
don't want to be a lifer. I guess I can't complain too much. I'm getting my cat
for a little bit longer. Here's to miraclces. off the train,
Friday, June 20, 2008
My Sister's Animal Woe's (more Bad Things)
The following is from my sister's web comic, 21deadmonkeys. I went with Hoss to take Cheese to the vet but wasn't there for the rest. I feel really bad and wish I could help her out more. I have a little surprised for her but it's really not going to be enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment