One of my favorite seamstreses for ren faire garb is the Very Merry Seamstress. She is on the list of those whose garb I would like to some day own. As awesome as her garb is, her blog is even awesomer.
Her latest is rant against Dixie's latest commerical. And I have to say I agree with her.
So I'm post a link here in hopes that more people will see her most excellent post that pretty much sums out how I felt when I first saw that commerical.
But just to add on to her critique (which you should go read first), the add is also just horrible sexist. It plays to such horrible stereotypes. After all, its only "moms" who worry about family time, do the cooking, and, of course, wash the dishes.
I have to go make dinner, but we will be using some wonderful china that my grandmother gave me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment